May 18, 19 & 20, 2018
Parking lots open: 2pm
cosmicMEADOW gates open: 3pm
Pre-party & opening ceremony: 4–7pm
Full grounds open: 7pm–5:30am
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
7000 N Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89115
A box office location will be available on the Vegas Strip during the week of the festival. Location and hours TBA.
SECURITY & ENTRY
By purchasing a ticket, you agree to submit to a thorough, TSA-style search, including emptying your pockets and bags, having all of your items examined, a full pat-down, and possibly removing your shoes. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone.
ZERO TOLERANCE FOR DRUG USE OR POSSESSION
We have a zero-tolerance policy for drug use and possession. Police officers will be working inside and outside of the event, and all narcotics laws will be strictly enforced. Be responsible, and make smart choices.
AGES & ID
You must be 18+ to enter and 21+ for alcohol/VIP. Photo ID required.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
- Any US government-issued driver’s license or ID card containing a photograph and date of birth
- US or foreign government-issued passport containing a photograph and date of birth
- Foreign government-issued driver’s license/ID with color photocopy of passport (Not valid for 21+ wristband. To purchase alcohol or enter VIP areas, a physical passport or US ID will be required.)
- Temporary DMV documents proving you are currently renewing a license — ONLY if accompanied by passport or expired license
- School ID
- Consular ID
- Birth certificate
- Expired ID of any kind
- Photocopy of any ID (except as noted)
- Temporary DMV license without passport or expired license
- NO Re-entry/ins & outs per day (stay tuned to the Camping page for camping in & out policies)
- NO Refunds or exchanges
- NO Sitting on designated dancefloor areas
- NO Moshing, crowd-surfing or stage-diving
- NO Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors
- NO Unauthorized solicitations, handbills, sampling, giveaways, etc.
- NO Tailgating
- Cell phones and portable chargers/external batteries
- Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices under 6″ (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, etc.)
- Selfie sticks
- Small bags, single-compartment backpacks, plush backpacks, purses (maximum 12“x12“)
- Official Insomniac water bottles — must be empty upon entry
- Hydration packs with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment — must be empty upon entry
- Fanny packs
- Sunglasses & hats
- Lighters and sealed packs of cigarettes
- E-cigs/vapes (refillable liquid chambers OK, must be empty upon arrival — no E-liquid or E-juice of any kind will be permitted)
- Sealed lip balm & gloss
- Sealed sunscreen lotion (inspected upon entry)
- Powder makeup
- Sealed tampons
- Sealed wet wipes
- Sealed packs of gum
- Hula hoops (including LED hoops)
- Glowsticks & glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- LED poi
- Inflatables (must be deflated upon entry)
- Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company-branded and no hard flagpoles)
- Festival totems or decorated pool noodles (see Totem Guidelines)
- Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- Laser pointers and air horns
- Drones, remote-controlled aircraft, toys
- Toy guns, water guns, slingshots
- Balls or Frisbees
- Tents, large umbrellas, chairs or blankets
- Weapons of any kind (includes pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc.)
- Illegal substances
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- LED gloves or LED microlights used for light shows
- Pacifiers, dust masks or gas masks
- Eye drops (available inside festival at the general store)
- Aerosol products/cans
- Liquid makeup
- Unsealed tampons (upon entry)
- Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
- E-liquid or E-juice of any kind (a selection of premium liquids from a variety of name-brand vendors will be available inside the venue)
- Glass, cans, cups or coolers
- Outside food or beverages (including alcohol and candy)
- Markers, pens or spray paint
- Large chains or spiked jewelry
- Stickers, flyers
- Bota bags
- Large purses, bags or backpacks (over 12″×12″)
- Stuffed animals or dolls
- Maximum height is 10 feet.
- Totems must be made from a lightweight material (e.g., foam, PVC / no solid metal).
- Collapsible/telescoping camera extenders that follow the above guidelines are OK (lightweight/hollow aluminum/polycarbonate).
- PVC, light wood or aluminum poles must be no thicker than 1 inch in diameter.
- Decorated pool noodles work great for easy entrance through security.
- Inflatables attached to totems must be deflated upon entry.
- Any item deemed dangerous will not be allowed.
- Totems promoting illegal activity or hate speech will not be permitted. Please keep it PLUR.
AMENITIES & SERVICES
FOOD & BEVERAGES
Food and beverage stands are located throughout the event, with roaming vendors carrying water, snacks, and other beverages. Cash, credit, debit, Apple Pay, and Android Pay will be accepted.
The Insomniac Shop will have multiple merch booths on-site; locations can be found on the festival map. Come by to check out the brand-new EDC apparel collection as well as artist collections for the event. We will have a variety of T-shirts, jackets, backpacks, sweatshirts, water bottles, accessories, and more. Don’t forget to visit us online at insomniacshop.com.
WATER REFILL STATIONS
Stay hydrated! Fill up your Insomniac bottle (get your very own at our merch booth), hydration pack, or any empty beverage container (purchased inside the festival) at our free hydration stations. Look for the water droplet symbol on a festival map to find the nearest station.
BATTERY CHARGING STATIONS
Don’t risk losing track of your friends or missing the perfect photo op! Keep your phone powered up at our battery charging stations. Check your festival map for locations.
Store your stuff securely and keep your cell phone powered up! Lockers allow you unlimited in-and-out access throughout both days, and each one features a universal cell phone charger. Learn more about lockers.
The Insomniac General Store is stocked with items you may have forgotten at home. From flip-flops to eye drops and ring pops — these are just a few of our favorite things from our shops.
Info booths will be stationed throughout the venue. Check your festival map for specific locations.
SAFETY & MEDICAL
To ensure a safe environment for all, security and medical staff will be present throughout the entire event. If you need any assistance, please go to the nearest medical or information tent, or seek out an event staff member. Learn more about staying healthy and happy at EDC.
ATMs will be located around the venue. Locations will be marked on the festival map.
LOST & FOUND
Lost & Found services will be available at the venue during and between show days. Check your festival map for specific locations. Following the event, items will be held at Exterior Lost & Found until (time TBD). After the show, phones, wallets, IDs, passports, credit cards, prescription glasses, and tech items (such as cameras or portable chargers) will return to Insomniac HQ in Los Angeles. If you would like to inquire about an item after the show, please contact us with a detailed description of your item. If you are inquiring about a lost phone, please make sure you have your IMEI number ready. To find your IMEI, you can call your phone service provider or check your phone’s original packaging. Due to a large influx of emails and inventory, please allow 72 hours for a response.
Interior Lost & Found hours:
Fri. 7:00 pm – Sat. 4:30 am
Sat. 7:00 pm – Sun. 4:30 am
Sun. 7:00 pm – Mon. 4:30 am
Exterior Lost & Found hours:
Fri. 7:00 pm – Mon. 4:00 pm
Tues. 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Insomniac welcomes all, and we strive to make our environment accessible to our guests with disabilities. During the festival, the venue will feature accessible parking, restrooms and other amenities, as well as designated areas for wheelchair users and their companions.
The Speedway offers a dedicated parking area for people with disabilities, located on the south side of the Speedway. Take Las Vegas Blvd. north, keeping to the right side. At Gate 8, turn left onto Speedway Blvd., then left at the Accessible Parking sign.
Note: It is against the law to park in an accessible parking space without the required ADA credentials or to fraudulently use someone else’s credentials to gain access to ADA parking spots.
EDC Las Vegas provides an accessible viewing area for each stage. To gain access, please check in and pick up your wristband at the Access Center.
If you’re taking an official EDC Shuttle to the Speedway and require an accessible shuttle, go to your chosen shuttle stop and notify the location’s shuttle staff. They’ll be able to radio an accessible shuttle to be dispatched. We recommend you arrive about an hour earlier than when you intend to leave in order to notify the shuttle staff and give appropriate time for the shuttle to arrive.
The designated accessible gate is Gate S, the entrance closest to the ADA parking. Note there is a slope into the venue. If assistance is required at the entrance, please alert the nearest festival staff member. PLEASE NOTE THAT GATES A, B, C, & D REQUIRE HEADLINERS TO USE STAIRS. There is a shuttle pickup location between ID Checks C and D for disabled guests who are parked on the Northwest side of the venue and unable to proceed down stairs.
Service animals are the only animals allowed onto the festival grounds. Emotional support animals do not qualify as service animals.
First aid locations are offered throughout the venue. Please refer to your festival map, or contact the nearest staff member. Festival event staff have been trained in proper emergency preparedness.
All accessibility-related inquires can be answered at our Access Center, which will be located inside the venue. Additionally, this is the location for recharging wheelchair batteries and/or the other assistive technology requiring electrical recharging, as well as storing equipment.
The infield of Las Vegas Motor Speedway consists of concrete and grass. The venue is fully navigable for people with mobility disabilities. There are accessible pathways connected throughout the venue, including parking, entrances, stages, vendors, and all other activity areas. While the accessible entrance is sloped into the venue, most of the infield is relatively flat.
SHUTTLE SERVICE (ON-SITE)
Limited on-site shuttle service will be available for Headliners with disabilities. Please visit the Access Center for information.
All public restroom areas, ATMs and concession stands are accessible to our patrons with disabilities. Please see your festival map for locations, or contact the nearest staff member for assistance.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments about accessibility at this or other Insomniac events, please contact us using the form below. We are committed to continually improving the festival experience for our Headliners with disabilities.
We want you to have the time of your life at EDC, and that means being safe, responsible, and respectful to yourself and others. After all, you’re the ones who make this experience so special.
FASHION & FUNCTION
Come prepared for all types of weather, and definitely dress for comfort. Wear lightweight, breathable clothes that make you feel good. If you choose to wear heavy fabrics and faux furs, remember to stay hydrated. Comfortable sneakers are the best way to go, especially if you’re planning to tear up the dancefloor. Sandals and flip-flops can make for sore feet.
USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM
It’s easy to get separated at festivals. Know where your friends are, set up meeting points, and stick together — two or three brains are better than one! If you think a new or old friend needs help, ask our friendly staff to assist, and always leave the show with everyone in your crew.
FREE WATER REFILL STATIONS
Whether you’re a nonstop dancing machine or you like to stroll through the festival and take in all the sights and sounds, hydration is essential to keeping you going all weekend long. That’s why we provide hydration stations throughout the venue — free of charge! Look for the water droplet symbols on the festival map to find the nearest station, and fill up your reusable Insomniac water bottle (get your very own at our merch booth!), hydration pack, or any empty beverage container (purchased inside the event). The water may not be icy cold, but warm water is easier to digest, and it’s lovingly filtered through state-of-the-art systems, including UV sterilization.
Throughout the festival grounds, you’ll find teams of friendly medical practitioners ready to care for your every need — free of charge! If you’re lightheaded or nauseated or have too many blisters from dancing the night away, please visit one of our first aid tents. Or feel free to flag down one of the many Insomniac Health & Safety Team officers roaming throughout the venue. These heroic people stay on their feet for the entirety of every event to keep a watchful, caring eye on you!
Ground Control is a family of team members dedicated to helping Headliners stay happy, healthy, and hydrated at Insomniac events! You can spot their signature purple shirts, fanny packs, and light sabers as they make their way through all areas of the festival. Please approach any of them if you want assistance or simply need a friend! We strongly believe in the beauty and power of helping others, and we’ll do everything we can to make sure you have a safe, memorable experience. If you are a Ground Control member at heart and would like to join the team, contact us —and be sure to attach your resume!
PLAY HARD, NOT HIGH
EDC is an amazing adventure; you can enjoy the show without alcohol or illegal narcotics. If you’re under 21, you can’t drink — period. If you’re of legal age, be smart about how much you consume. More booze does not equal more fun, and alcohol is not a beverage to cool off or rehydrate with. It’s important to remember that your body weight and height will factor into how much alcohol is safe to consume.
Insomniac enforces a zero-tolerance drug policy at all of its events — end of story. Don’t be the person that ends up getting escorted out of the venue! Keep the weekend great for yourself, your friends, and your fellow Headliners.
If you suspect that someone is suffering from a medical issue or potential drug overdose, seek immediate attention at one of the clearly marked medical stations, or find a Ground Control team member.
NOTIFY MEDICAL OR SECURITY IF A FRIEND IS EXPERIENCING:
- Pale skin color or bluish tinge
- Abnormal heart rate and/or breathing (too fast or slow)
- Abnormal body temperature (too hot or cold)
- Delusions, hallucinations or paranoia
- Pupils that don’t react to changes in light
- Confusion, stupor (unresponsive but conscious), coma, or inability to be roused
NO ONE LIKES TAKING CARE OF WASTED FRIENDS. DON’T BE THAT GUY OR GIRL!
- Drunk people should not be responsible for other drunk people.
- Binge drinking is the most dangerous kind there is. The faster you drink, the higher your BAC (blood alcohol concentration) becomes.
- Strong coffee, a cold shower, sleeping, or “walking it off” will not help someone suffering from alcohol poisoning.
- Always try to keep intoxicated people awake and in an upright/sitting position — not lying down.
Q: What time does the event start & end each day?
A: See our festival guidelines for info on show times.
Q: Can I enter anytime?
A: As long as you are holding a ticket that has not yet been scanned that day, you may enter any time during the event. Ins & outs are not allowed.
Q: Will set times get posted in advance?
A: Yes. During the days leading up to the festival, set times will be posted via this site, our social media sites, the Insomniac app, and . Set times will also appear on the festival guide you receive upon entry. Note: The lineup is subject to change.
Q: Can I see a festival map ahead of time?
A: Yes. Maps showing stage locations, food, bathrooms, etc. will be available prior to the event on this site and the Insomniac app.
Q: Where is the closest airport?
A: The nearest airport is Las Vegas, McCarran International Airport (LAS).
Q: Is re-entry allowed?
A: No, ins-and-outs are not allowed (stay tuned to the Camping page for camping in & out policies).
Q: What is the camera policy?
A: Professional photographers must obtain a photo pass using our press submission form. The form will be updated in the coming months to include EDCLV 2018 requests. Do not email your request. Photo passes are not required for standard cameras that do not have detachable lenses or handheld video devices under 6″. Professional video cameras are not permitted.
Q: What can I bring with me?
A: See our complete list of Acceptable and Prohibited Items.
Q: Will there be a lost & found?
A: Yes. Lost & Found services will be available at the venue during and between show days. Check your festival map for specific locations. Following the event, items will be held at Exterior Lost & Found until (time TBD). After the show, phones, wallets, IDs, passports, credit cards, prescription glasses, and tech items (such as cameras or portable chargers) will return to Insomniac HQ in Los Angeles. If you would like to inquire about an item after the show, please contact us with a detailed description of your item. If you are inquiring about a lost phone, please make sure you have your IMEI number ready. To find your IMEI, you can call your phone service provider or check your phone’s original packaging. Due to a large influx of emails and inventory, please allow 72 hours for a response.
Q: Can I hang posters or hand out flyers?
A: Do not hang posters or hand out flyers inside the festival or in the surrounding neighborhood. Anyone violating this policy will be banned from promoting at our events.
Q: Does the venue have cash machines?
A: Yes, ATMs will be available both inside and outside the venue grounds. Locations will be clearly marked on the festival map.
Q: Can I sleep in my car or park overnight?
A: Sorry, sleeping in cars in the festival parking lot is not permitted for anyone. DO NOT leave your car in the parking lot during non-festival hours, or it will be towed at your expense.
Q: Can I rent a locker?
A: Yes! Store your stuff securely and keep your cell phone powered up all weekend long. Learn more about lockers.
Q: I’m under 18. Can I attend with a legal guardian?
A: No one under the age of 18 will be allowed into the venue, with or without a guardian.
Q: What kind of ID do I need?
A: You must present identification to enter the festival and/or buy alcohol. See the complete list of acceptable and unacceptable forms of ID.
Q: What if my ID is lost or expired?
A: Security will accept expired ID cards ONLY if accompanied by DMV renewal documentation. If your ID was lost or stolen, you must bring a government-issued interim license or passport.
Q: Can I use a consular ID or foreign driver’s license?
A: Consular IDs are not considered acceptable identification. Foreign government-issued driver’s licenses are acceptable with a photocopy of a passport. A foreign government-issued passport will work on its own.
Before contacting us, please see if your question is answered in the FAQ above. For questions regarding your ticket, please contact Front Gate Tickets. For photo and press media credential requests, complete our press submission form, which will be updated in the coming months to include EDCLV 2018 requests.
Your request was received successfully