- You must be 21+ to consume alcohol in the campground.
- If entering with alcohol, you must present government-issued identification. Law enforcement will frequent the campground and randomly card campers seen drinking alcohol. Underage drinkers risk receiving a citation or even being arrested. 21+ campers are advised to carry their government-issued identification AT ALL TIMES.
- Prohibited: Liquor above 16% ABV or glass of any kind.
- Acceptable: Beer and alcoholic drinks under 16% ABV, up to 24 cans per person (under 12oz), or up to 5L of wine.
- For your safety, sleeping in parked vehicles is prohibited, with the exception of RV camping.
- The campground will be fully staffed by our Ground Control team, as well as medical and security personnel, 24 hours a day.
- We will also offer shade structures, free filtered drinking water refill stations, and water misters to help keep you cool during the day.
- Please take care of your valuables. Neither Insomniac nor the venue is responsible for any lost or stolen items.
TEXTING SERVICE: If you need security, medical or any other assistance, just text “EDC” to 69050, stating your location and the nature of the issue. Example: EDC – My friend isn’t feeling well. Can someone please come check on her? She’s at the corner of 1st & Wide Awake.
Note: Camp EDC Acceptable/Prohibited item lists differ from those of the general festival. Read below for camping guidelines, or view the festival guidelines.
Essential Packing List
We highly recommend bringing the following items for the most comfortable camping experience. Remember: It’s only four days! Roll your clothes, and pack lightly.
- YES 2 travel-size locks for your tent
- YES Bicycles—don’t forget your bike lock! (Only 1 bike per person. Bring at your own risk. Bicycles left in unauthorized areas or fire lanes will be removed.)
- YES Earplugs
- YES Eye masks
- YES Flags/banners/totems to distinguish your tent (see guidelines)
- YES Folding chairs
- YES Food and beverages/water
- YES Ice chest/coolers
- YES Phone charger
- YES Reusable, official Insomniac water bottles
- YES Sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, air mattress (Note: these items are provided with a Desert Rose camping pass).
- YES Sunglasses, hats, and sunscreen
- YES Towels and sandals (for use in the shower)
- YES Trash bags
These additional items are encouraged at Camp EDC:
- YES Battery-powered candles and lanterns
- YES Beer and alcoholic drinks under 16% ABV, up to 24 cans per person (under 12oz), or up to 5L of wine. No glass allowed.
- YES Cell phones
- YES Cigarettes (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES E-cigs/vapes (refillable liquid chambers OK—must be empty upon entry)
- YES E-juice (up to one bottle per person—must be factory-sealed upon entry)
- YES Fanny packs
- YES Glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- YES Glowsticks (string glowstick/LED pois, orbitals and whips are permitted but must be performed 5 feet away from others)
- YES Gum (must be sealed at entry)
- YES Hula hoops (especially LED hoops!)
- YES Hydration packs with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment—must be empty upon entry
- YES Ice
- YES Juuls (one 4-pack of Juul Pods per person OK—must be sealed upon entry)
- YES Lighters
- YES Lip balm/gloss (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES Makeup
- YES Manual scooters, skateboards, longboards, bicycles
- YES Non-amplified (acoustic) musical instruments
- YES Non-professional flash/still cameras and hand-held video cameras (e.g., Sony Action Cam, GoPro, Polaroids)
- YES Personal food
- YES Personal misting fan with a bottle no larger than 1.5L (must be empty upon arrival)
- YES Personal-size battery-powered speakers
- YES Personal-size pool floaties (made for no more than one adult)
- YES Plastic mirrors
- YES Small, portable propane grills/stoves* with small tanks, up to 4 lbs per group
(Propane bottles that are part of your RV/camping trailer’s internal system are OK, even if they exceed 4 lbs)
- YES Sunscreen lotion (inspected upon entry)
- YES Tampons and pads (must be sealed at entry)
- YES Wind chairs/sofas, deflated at entry
* Only you can prevent campground fires! During your stay in the campground, please monitor all cooking devices while in use, and turn off tanks when you’re finished. If you see an unattended fire, please notify a campground staff member immediately.
The following are NOT allowed at Camp EDC:
- NO Aerosol products/cans
- NO Bota bags
- NO Breakable glass or acrylic mirrors (Compact makeup and shatter-proof plastic mirrors measuring less then 8″x8″ are OK)
- NO Butane grills or accessories, such as torches
- NO Camping wind turbines
- NO Candles
- NO Canopies, E-Z UPs, large umbrellas or shade structures (We will be providing plenty of shaded areas at the Mesa for you to enjoy)
- NO Dollies or hand trucks
- NO Drones or remote-controlled aircraft
- NO Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- NO Fireworks
- NO Gas generators (Solar-powered generators OK)
- NO Gas masks
- NO Glass bottles (Small bottles of perfume/cologne are OK)
- NO Hammocks
- NO Helium balloons
- NO Hookahs
- NO Illegal substances
- NO Large chains or spiked jewelry
- NO Large speaker systems (Sound systems are limited to USB-powered/personal portable speakers. No amplified sound systems allowed. Insomniac reserves the right to remove sound systems that do not follow these guidelines, and repeat offenders of noise complaints are subject to removal from the campground.)
- NO Laser pointers or air horns
- NO LED gloves or LED microlights used for light shows
- NO Liquor above 16% ABV (Beer and alcoholic drinks OK for 21+. Must be under 16% ABV, up to 24 cans per person (under 12oz), or up to 5L of wine.)
- NO Loose cans or beverages (Must be packaged and sealed at entry)
- NO Loose pills without a prescription, or expired medications of any kind (All medications, prescription or otherwise, must be in their original container)
- NO Medical or recreational marijuana
- NO Metal stakes or hammers
- NO Motorized vehicles of any kind, including off-road motorcycles, Segways, electric bicycles, hoverboards, powered skateboards, or scooters
- NO Open campfires or fires/flames of any kind (Propane grills OK)
- NO Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
- NO Personal gas tanks for refueling RVs
- NO Pets (except service animals)
- NO Professional recording equipment—photo, video or audio (detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- NO Promotional flyers, promotional/corporate branded banners, or vehicles displaying sponsorships or ads
- NO Solar camping showers
- NO Spray paint
- NO Steel knives or other utensils deemed as weapons
- NO Stickers, flyers
- NO Stuffed animals or dolls
- NO Tool boxes
- NO Unauthorized vending of food or merchandise, including alcohol
- NO Weapon or weapon accessories of any kind, real or fictional (including whips, lightsabers, pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, fake weapons/props, etc.)
- NO Wooden items
Accessible campsites are available in all tiers of camping!
- For those with accessibility needs, preferred camping locations offer close access to paths, entrances, exits, shuttles, accessible restrooms, and accessible showers.
- Accessible camping spots are available on a first come, first served basis. Registering helps us prepare for your group and plan our accessible camping area. To reserve an ADA camping spot, please fill out this form.
- Accessible transportation will be available to take Headliners from ADA camping to the accessible entrance at Gate S. Please visit the camping Access Center to get picked up in an accessible shuttle.
- To learn more about the accessible features of the festival, visit our Accessibility page.
- A $250 damage deposit is required for each ShiftPod booked. One person from each ShiftPod camping group must provide a credit card, upon which a temporary hold will be placed until the ShiftPod and equipment are inspected upon checkout. You are responsible for any and all damages to the ShiftPod and equipment while in your possession and any repair costs and/or excessive cleaning costs incurred as a result of your use of the ShiftPod and equipment.
- Each campsite will feature a power strip in which to plug in electronic devices. Charging stations are also provided in the Mesa, as well as near the shower compounds.
- Each tent will be provided with enough power to sustain operation for the air-conditioning unit and power strip. Unplugging either the air conditioner or the power strip and connecting an external item runs the risk of overloading the circuit, posing a safety hazard to the rest of the campground. If a guest unplugs the air conditioner or power strip, camping personnel reserve the right to unplug the tent from the power grid for the remainder of the festival. This is for the safety and comfort of all guests of Camp EDC.
- RVs may not be dropped off, picked up, or set by a third party, or by anyone who does not have a valid festival ticket and camping pass.
- Each camper must have a valid festival ticket and camping pass and must arrive ready in their RV.
- RVs must be Class A, B or C, ranging from 19′ to 45′.
- Truck campers and fifth wheels are allowed, as long as they have a separate on-board generator (or purchase a power add-on), along with an air conditioner unit that doesn’t require the vehicle to be on to operate. No refueling service will be available, so campers are advised to use their accommodations accordingly.
- You may not exceed the total permitted length of 45 feet, including tow vehicle if applicable. Tow vehicles must remain attached to pull-trailer at all times. If your group is in need of an additional parking pass because you will have an additional vehicle, you will need to park separately in the Blue Lot, our designated Camper Parking. Please follow directions from staff.
- All RVs must have a working air conditioner powered by an on-board generator—the vehicle engine may NOT be left running.
- All RV guests must arrive to the campground with a full tank of fuel to prevent issues with air conditioning.
- No personal generator refueling will be permitted.
- If you have opted to purchase power, you must bring a 75-foot cable with the proper connector.
- If you are connected to a 30A or 50A power supply, and your RV overloads the power source, tripping the fuse, the breaker will be reset and you will be issued a one-time warning. If it occurs a second time, your RV will be disconnected from the power grid, without a refund, for the remainder of the festival.
- Once parked, RVs may not be moved until 9am on Monday, May 18, unless leaving the festival and not returning. If you would like to leave the campsite before the end of the weekend, please reach out to a Camp EDC staff member for an escort.
Code of Conduct
Campers are expected to be courteous to one another, as well as to event staff. Camp EDC is shared space, and these are your neighbors for the next few days! Please do your part in making this an incredible weekend for everyone. If a guest participating in any of the following behavior is uncooperative or a persistent offender, they will be removed from the festival site. In certain situations, the offender may be arrested.
By entering the campground, you agree to adhere to the following code of conduct:
- All campers must be 18 or older, verified by government-issued ID.
- All campers must have a festival ticket.
- All campers must wear their Camp EDC wristband (acquired at check-in).
- Campers consuming alcohol must be 21 or older, verified by valid photo ID, which may be randomly checked at any time.
- All campers must be packed and vacated from the campground by 6pm on Monday, May 18.
- No vehicle movement will be permitted once parked.
- Prohibited items confiscated at entry or during the event will NOT be returned. Please don’t bring prohibited items!
The following actions may result in a WARNING and/or EJECTION from the campground:
- Irresponsible use of alcohol
- Public nudity or lewd behavior
- Accessing restricted areas without proper passes
- Taunting, bullying, abusive/disruptive language, and/or obscene gestures
- Failing to cooperate/comply with campground safety officers
- Moving RV or vehicle to another location after placement by festival staff
- Parking or extending any part of RV or tent into fire lanes or outside designated/marked area
- Violating the tent and RV camping power grid policies
The following actions will result in IMMEDIATE EJECTION:
- Relieving your bladder or bowels anywhere other than approved restrooms/porta-potties
- Fighting or engaging in any action that may harm, endanger, threaten or bring discomfort to anyone
- Public sexual behavior
- Possession/use of illegal drugs
- Damage, destruction, vandalism or theft of any property