- You must be 21+ to consume alcohol in the campground.
- If entering with alcohol, you must present government-issued identification. Law enforcement will frequent the campground and randomly card campers seen drinking alcohol. Underage drinkers risk receiving a citation or even being arrested. 21+ campers are advised to carry their government-issued identification AT ALL TIMES.
- Liquor is NOT permitted at all.
- Beer and wine are OK but are limited to one case of canned beer OR up to 5 liters of boxed wine per person.
- Glass bottles are not permitted.
- For your safety, sleeping in parked vehicles is prohibited, with the exception of RV camping.
- The campground will be fully staffed by our Ground Control team, as well as medical and security personnel, 24 hours a day.
- We will also offer shade structures, free filtered drinking water refill stations, and water misters to help keep you cool during the day.
- Please take care of your valuables. Neither Insomniac nor the venue is responsible for any lost or stolen items.
TEXTING SERVICE: If you need security, medical or any other assistance, just text “EDC” to 69050, stating your location and the nature of the issue. Example: EDC – My friend isn’t feeling well. Can someone please come check on her? She’s at the corner of 1st & Wide Awake.
Note: Camp EDC Acceptable/Prohibited item lists differ from those of the general festival. Read below for camping guidelines, or view the festival guidelines.
Essential Packing List
We highly recommend bringing the following items for the most comfortable camping experience. Remember: it’s only four days! Roll your clothes, and pack lightly.
- Sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, air mattress (Note: these items are provided with a Desert Rose camping pass).
- Ice chest/coolers
- Bicycles—don’t forget your bike lock! (Only 1 bike per person. Bring at your own risk. Bicycles left in unauthorized areas or fire lanes will be removed.)
- Reusable water bottles
- Sunglasses, hats, and sunscreen
- Eye masks
- Flags/banners/totems to distinguish your tent (see guidelines)
- Food and beverages/water
- Trash bags
- Phone charger
- Folding chairs
- 2 travel-size locks for your tent
- Towels and sandals (for use in the shower)
These additional items are encouraged at Camp EDC:
- Small, portable propane grills/stoves* with small tanks, up to 4 lbs per group (propane bottles that are part of your RV/camping trailer’s internal system are OK, even if they exceed 4 lbs)
- Non-amplified (acoustic) musical instruments
- Personal size, battery-powered speakers
- Hydration packs
- Fanny packs
- Sealed packs of gum
- Sealed lip balm/gloss
- Sealed/wrapped tampons
- Lighters and sealed packs of cigarettes
- E-cigs/vapes (refillable liquid chambers OK, must be empty upon arrival)
- Factory-sealed e-juice (allowed upon entry into campground but not into festival grounds)
- Glowsticks (string glowstick/LED poi is permitted but must be performed 5’ away from others)
- Glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- Hula hoops (especially LED hoops!)
- Personal-size pool floaties (made for no more than one adult)
- Non-professional flash/still cameras and hand-held video cameras (e.g., Sony Action Cam, GoPro)
- Cell phones
- Personal misting fan with a bottle no larger than 1.5L (must be empty upon arrival)
- Battery-powered candles and lanterns
* Only you can prevent campground fires! During your stay in the campground, please monitor all cooking devices while in use, and turn off tanks when you’re finished. If you see an unattended fire, please notify a campground staff member immediately.
The following are NOT allowed at Camp EDC:
- Metal stakes & hammers
- Butane grills or accessories, such as torches
- Gas generators (solar-powered generators OK)
- Open campfires or fires/flames of any kind (propane grills OK)
- Steel knives and other utensils deemed as weapons
- Weapons of any kind (includes pocket knives, pepper spray, etc.)
- Glass bottles (small bottles of perfume/cologne are OK)
- Breakable glass or acrylic mirrors (compact makeup and shatter-proof plastic mirrors measuring less then 8″x8″ are OK)
- LED gloves or LED microlights used for light shows
- Spray paint
- Air horns
- Large speaker systems (Sound systems are limited to USB-powered/personal portable speakers. No amplified sound systems allowed. Insomniac reserves the right to remove sound systems that do not follow these guidelines, and repeat offenders of noise complaints are subject to removal from the campground.)
- Professional recording equipment—photo, video or audio (detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- Motorized vehicles of any kind, including golf carts, dune buggies, off-road motorcycles, Segways, electric bicycles, hoverboards, powered skateboards or scooters
- Pets (except service animals)
- Unauthorized vending of food or merchandise, including alcohol
- Promotional flyers, promotional/corporate branded banners, or vehicles displaying sponsorships or ads
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Loose pills without a prescription, or expired medications of any kind (all medications, prescription or otherwise, must be in their original container)
- Liquor (beer and wine OK for 21+)
- Canopies, E-Z UPs, or shade structures (We will be providing plenty of shaded areas at the Mesa for you to enjoy)
- Solar camping showers
Accessible campsites are available in all tiers of camping!
- For those with accessibility needs, preferred camping locations offer close access to paths, entrances, exits, shuttles, accessible restrooms, and accessible showers.
- Accessible camping spots are available on a first come, first served basis. Registering helps us prepare for your group and plan our accessible camping area. To reserve an ADA camping spot, please fill out this form.
- Accessible transportation will be available to take Headliners from ADA camping to the accessible entrance at Gate S. Please visit the camping Access Center to get picked up in an accessible shuttle.
- To learn more about the accessible features of the festival, visit our Accessibility page.
- A $250 damage deposit is required for each ShiftPod booked. One person from each ShiftPod camping group must provide a credit card, upon which a temporary hold will be placed until the ShiftPod and equipment are inspected upon checkout. You are responsible for any and all damages to the ShiftPod and equipment while in your possession and any repair costs and/or excessive cleaning costs incurred as a result of your use of the ShiftPod and equipment.
- Each campsite will feature a power strip in which to plug in electronic devices. Charging stations are also provided in the Mesa, as well as near the shower compounds.
- Each tent will be provided with enough power to sustain operation for the air-conditioning unit and power strip. Unplugging either the air conditioner or the power strip and connecting an external item runs the risk of overloading the circuit, posing a safety hazard to the rest of the campground. If a guest unplugs the air conditioner or power strip, camping personnel reserve the right to unplug the tent from the power grid for the remainder of the festival. This is for the safety and comfort of all guests of Camp EDC.
- Each camper must have a valid festival ticket and camping pass and must arrive ready in their RV.
- RVs may not be dropped off or picked up by a third party.
- RVs must be Class A, B or C, ranging from 19′ to 45′.
- Truck campers and fifth wheels are allowed, as long as they have a separate on-board generator (or purchase a power add-on, coming soon!), along with an air conditioner unit that doesn’t require the vehicle to be on to operate. No refueling service will be available, so campers are advised to use their accommodations accordingly.
- You may not exceed the total permitted length of 45 feet, including tow vehicle if applicable. If you are bringing a separate vehicle or non-motorized trailer that can’t fit in the provided RV camping space, you must purchase a vehicle add-on.
- All RVs must have a working air conditioner powered by an on-board generator—the vehicle engine may NOT be left running.
- All RV guests must arrive to the campground with a full tank of fuel to prevent issues with air conditioning.
- No personal generator refueling will be permitted.
- If you have opted to purchase power, you must bring a 75-foot cable with the proper connector.
- If you are connected to a 30A or 50A power supply, and your RV overloads the power source, tripping the fuse, the breaker will be reset and you will be issued a one-time warning. If it occurs a second time, your RV will be disconnected from the power grid, without a refund, for the remainder of the festival.
- Once parked, RVs may not be moved until 9am on Monday, May 20, unless leaving the festival and not returning. If you would like to leave the campsite before the end of the weekend, please reach out to a Camp EDC staff member for an escort.
Code of Conduct
Campers are expected to be courteous to one another, as well as to event staff. Camp EDC is shared space, and these are your neighbors for the next few days! Please do your part in making this an incredible weekend for everyone. If a guest participating in any of the following behavior is uncooperative or a persistent offender, they will be removed from the festival site. In certain situations, the offender may be arrested.
By entering the campground, you agree to adhere to the following code of conduct:
- All campers must be 18 or older, verified by government-issued ID.
- All campers must have a festival ticket.
- All campers must wear their Camp EDC wristband (acquired at check-in).
- Campers consuming alcohol must be 21 or older, verified by valid photo ID, which may be randomly checked at any time.
- All campers must be packed and vacated from the campground by 7pm on Monday, May 21.
- No vehicle movement will be permitted once parked.
- Prohibited items confiscated at entry or during the event will NOT be returned. Please don’t bring prohibited items!
The following actions may result in a WARNING and/or EJECTION from the campground:
- Irresponsible use of alcohol
- Public nudity or lewd behavior
- Accessing restricted areas without proper passes
- Taunting, bullying, abusive/disruptive language, and/or obscene gestures
- Failing to cooperate/comply with campground safety officers
- Moving RV or vehicle to another location after placement by festival staff
- Parking or extending any part of RV or tent into fire lanes or outside designated/marked area
- Violating the tent and RV camping power grid policies
The following actions will result in IMMEDIATE EJECTION:
- Relieving your bladder or bowels anywhere other than approved restrooms/porta-potties
- Fighting or engaging in any action that may harm, endanger, threaten or bring discomfort to anyone
- Public sexual behavior
- Possession/use of illegal drugs
- Damage, destruction, vandalism or theft of any property