EDC Las Vegas is a fully accessible event, and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure you have access to all the event amenities. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our patrons. The following explains the services provided this year. For any accessibility-related questions please contact us. We will do our best to assist you and address your accessibility needs.
The venue is fully navigable for people with mobility disabilities. The event is held on concrete, with turf overlay in parts. While the accessible entrance at Gate S is sloped into the venue, most of the infield is relatively flat.There are accessible pathways connected throughout the venue including parking, entrances, stages, ADA viewing areas, vendors and all other activity areas.
We encourage all guests with mobility disabilities to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. If you need to recharge your motorized wheelchair, you may do so at the Accessibility Services kiosk. Patrons should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge their devices. Chargers must use a 110-volt, 20 amp circuit.
We will not be providing wheelchair or scooter rentals.
The Speedway offers a dedicated parking area for people with disabilities, located on the south side of the Speedway. Take I-15 to the Apex exit, make a right, make a right on Speedway Blvd, and then follow signage to ADA parking.
You will need a verified handicap placard, permit, or license plate to enter this parking lot. The person to whom the handicap credential is issued must be present in the vehicle, as a driver or passenger.
Note: It is against the law to park in an accessible parking space without the required ADA credentials or to fraudulently use someone else’s credentials to gain access to ADA parking spots.
If you’re taking the official EDC Shuttle to the Speedway and require a wheelchair-accessible vehicle, please contact our shuttle team— contact us or call (888) 334-4496—at least two weeks prior to the festival with your order number, shuttle stop, phone number, and departure time so we can best accommodate you.
The designated accessible gate is Gate S, the entrance closest to ADA parking. The ADA entry lane is located on the furthest right lane at this gate, along the interior fenceline. Once at the ticket scanners to get into the venue, the furthest right lane is the ADA scanning lane. Note: There is a cement slope into the venue. If assistance is required at the entrance, please alert the nearest festival staff member. PLEASE NOTE THAT GATES A, B, C, D & P REQUIRE HEADLINERS TO USE STAIRS. A shuttle pickup location can be found between ID Checks C and D for disabled guests who are parked on the northwest side of the venue and unable to proceed down stairs.
After using the ADA entry, please visit the Accessibility Services kiosk immediately after so that you can keep using the ADA entry for the following show days.
Accessibility Services Kiosk
Please Note: You must stop here to get your ADA wristband credential.
There will be an Accessibility Services kiosk conveniently located at the bottom of the slope after the S gate, nearly below the EDC billboard. At this location, you can:
- Get your ADA wristband credential
- Get your ADA questions answered
- Learn about our accessibility services
- ADA wristbands are good for the whole weekend
- ADA Wristbands are available only at the Access Center. EDC’s Box Offices do not have ADA wristbands
- DO NOT remove your wristband for the entire duration the event
- One companion wristband will be issued for each disabled patron
- If a disabled guest wants to switch their companion, please bring the old companion wristband to the Accessibility Services kiosk to be reissued
Accessible Viewing Area
There will be accessible viewing areas made available to ADA patrons at nearly every stage within the event. To gain access to these areas, please visit us at the Accessibility Services kiosk.
Accessible Viewing Area Policies:
- Companions may be asked to stand in the back if capacity is reached
- Patrons and companions may not smoke in these areas
- Patrons are asked to not save spots. If a guest is not present for more than an hour, their area will be given to another disabled guest
Please review our Camp EDC Accessible Camping Registration guidelines.
Service animals are permitted throughout the venue. However, this does not include emotional support animals, therapy animals, or companion animals. Any animal whose task is to provide protection, emotional support, well-being, comfort, or companionship is not considered a service animal and will not be allowed into the venue. Only legitimate service animals that are individually trained and under the proper care of their owners will be provided with the appropriate credentials and allowed within the event footprint. Due to large-scale service animal fraud, and for the protection of all festival patrons, service animals must be screened and registered at the Accessibility Services kiosk immediately upon entry to the site.
The following guidelines must be followed:
- All service animals must be screened and registered with the ADA department and given credentials at the security checkpoint before entering the event footprint. Please have the security guard call ADA on the radio to come register your animal.
- All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered. If these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or if the handler’s disability prevents the use of these devices, the handler must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls
- Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area
- Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal
- All animals should have legally required vaccinations (which ADA staff may ask to see for verification)
Upon entering the security checkpoint, you must let the guard know that they need to call ADA on the radio to come register your furry companion. All service animals must be checked into ADA and given the proper credentials in order to be at the event, before stepping foot into the event footprint. We ask that you do not leave your animal in your cars or tents while you’re inside the event, as these without air conditioning on may become too hot and unsafe for any animal. We also ask that you do not leave your animal in your RV UNLESS there is air conditioning consistently on for them.
Effective Communication Requests
We accept requests for any of the following services:
- ASL Interpretation
- Other forms of Effective Communication
Requests for these services must be submitted to us at least 30 days prior to the event to allow for sufficient preparation. The deadline for this event is April 16, 2024. To submit a request, please fill out the Effective Communication Request Form.
- ATMs & Concessions: All ATMs and concessions are fully accessible and located throughout the venue. If assistance is required, please confer with an event staff member.
- First Aid: We have several First Aid locations throughout the venue, noted on the event maps and mobile app. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations. You may also contact the nearest staff member, or Ground Control. Ground Control staff members have been trained in proper emergency preparedness.
- Special Dietary Needs: The event will have food vendors that provide gluten-free dietary options. For those with special dietary needs beyond what will be offered at the event, please contact us for further assistance.
Comments, Questions & Suggestions
EDC Las Vegas will consider any request by a guest with disability for reasonable modification of its policies, practices or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the guest equal enjoyment of the goods and services offered at the event. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
In continually trying to make our event more accessible, we encourage you to contact us for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
We hope you find this guide informative, we look forward to seeing you at EDC Las Vegas!